DR. LOUIS PEARLSTEIN
Board Certified American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry National Board for Certification in Headache Management United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties, Headache Medicine
DATE OF BIRTH: August 5, 1952
COLLEGE: Washington and Jefferson College, Washington, PA 1970-74, B.A., Biology,
MEDICAL SCHOOL: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 1974-78, D.O.
INTERNSHIP: Southeastern Medical Center, North Miami, FL, 1978-79
RESIDENCY: Hahnemann University Hospital, Neurology, Philadelphia, PA, 1979-1982
National Hospitals for Nervous Diseases, Queens Square Institute for Neurology, University of London, September, 1981
POST RESIDENCY TRAINING: Hahnemann University Hospital, Electromyography, Philadelphia, PA, 1982
BOARD CERTIFICATION: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology of the American Medical Association, 1983 (Neurology)
American College of Neuropsychiatry of the American Osteopathic Association, 1992 (Neurology)
United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties, 2006 (Headache Medicine)
National Board for Certification in Headache Management, 2003
Frankford Hospital System - Bucks County, Langhorne, PA, Active Staff
Lower Bucks Hospital, Bristol, PA, Active Staff
New Jersey, 1987
Lewis Rossman Memorial Award for recognition of outstanding teaching and contribution to Intern training, 1982
Frankford Hospital/Jefferson Health System, Dedication to Teaching, 2006
Phi Sigma, National Biology Honorary Society, 1972
Sigma Delta Pi, National Spanish Honorary Society, 1972
APPOINTMENTS: Staff Physician, City of Philadelphia Nursing Home, 1979-1982 Huntington's Disease Diagnostic and Referral Clinic, Hahnemann University Hospital, 1980-1982 Senior Instructor, Neurology, Hahnemann University Hospital, 1982-1983 Interim Director, EMG Laboratory, Hahnemann University Hospital, 1982-1983 Staff Physician, Delaware Valley Medical Center, 1983-2000 Staff Physician, Frankford Hospital, Bucks County Division, 2000 to present Staff Physician, Lower Bucks Hospital, 2005 to present Director, Division of Neurology, Delaware Valley Medical Center, 1983-2000 Director, Neurophysiology Laboratory, (EEG, Evoked Potentials, Sleep Disorders) Delaware Valley Medical Center, 1983-2000 Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology, Hahnemann University Hospital, 1984 to 2000 Medical Advisory Board, Huntington's Disease Foundation of America, Delaware Valley Chapter, 1985-1990 Board of Directors, Delaware Valley Medical Center, 1986-1994 Medical Advisor, Alzheimer's Disease Family Support Group, 1987-1992 Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Osteopathic Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, 1987 to present Fellow-Stroke Council of the American Heart Association, 1994 to present Staff Physician, Frankford Hospital, 1994 to present Staff Physician, Lower Bucks Hospital, 2005-present Staff Physician, St. Mary's Medical Center, 1996-1999 Staff Physician, Warminster General Hospital, 1996 to 1999 Courtesy Staff, Hahnemann University Hospital, 1982-2000 MEDICAL AND SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES: American Academy of Neurology American Academy of Neurology-Section of Movement Disorders American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine American College of Neuropsychiatry American Headache Society American Heart Association (1994-2008) American Medical Association American Osteopathic Association Delaware Valley Chapter of the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation Guillain-Barre Syndrome Foundation, International Huntington's Disease Foundation of America National Headache Foundation National Multiple Sclerosis Society National Parkinson Foundation, Inc. National Stroke Association (1994-2008) Neurocritical Care Society (2004-2008) The Neuropathy Association Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association Queens Square Alumnus Association, Institute of Neurology, University College London BIBLIOGRAPHY: Alper's and Mancall's Essentials of the Neurologic Examination, Clinical Illustrations, Mancall, E.L. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis Company, (1981). "Central Nervous System Infections Caused by Eikenella Corrodens." Pearlstein, L. with Brill, C. B., Kaplan, J. M. and Mancall, E.L. American Medical Association Archives of Neurology 39 (1982): 431-432. "Child Abuse and Huntington's Disease." Pearlstein, L. with Brill, C.B. and Mancall, E.L. Pediatrics 70 (1982): 630-632. "Peduncular Hallucinosis, as a TIA Syndrome: a Case Report and Current Concepts." Pearlstein, L. with Wenzel, C. Journal of the American Osteopathic Association 93 (1993): 129-133. "Gabapentin in the Treatment of Pain in the Guillain-Barre Syndrome." Pearlstein, L. with Khatri, A. Neurology 49 (1997): 1474. "REM Sleep Behavioral Disorder: Diagnosis and Treatment by Clinical Presentation and Response to Therapy." Pearlstein, L. with Khatri, A. Journal of the American College of Neuropsychiatrists 11 (1997): 19-21. "Sumatriptan-Associated Myocardial Infarction: a Case Report with Attention to Potential Risk Factors." Pearlstein, L. with Abbrescia, V. and Kotler, M. Journal of the American Osteopathic Association 97:3 (1997): 162-164. "Spinal Epidural Abscess." Resident & Staff Physician. Pearlstein, L. with Abbrescia, V. (1997): 55-60. "Sensory Guillain-Barre Syndrome Following Influenza Immunization." Pearlstein, L. Journal of the American College of Neuropsychiatrists 15:6 (2005): 8-9. "Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus: a Case of Pseudo-Normal Sedimentation Rate Arteritis." Pearlstein, L. with Khatri, A. Journal of the American College of Neuropsychiatrists (2008).
|HOURS OF OPERATION|
|Monday:||9am - 4pm|
|Tuesday:||9am - 4pm|
|Wednesday:||9am - 4pm|
|Thursday:||9am - 3pm|
|Friday:||9am - 12pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 12pm|
|(EEG testing only)|
- "Dr. P. is the best doc I ever had."
Rita G., MS patient since 1996
- "I feel that Dr. P is a very good doctor. He says what the bottom line is as far as medical treatment. Appointments are always on time and all of my medical issues are resolved quickly. The front desk staff are fabulous and very accommodating."
Denise C., MS patient since 2002
- "I like Dr. P very much and trust him a lot. He and his staff are very pleasant. I would recommend him to anyone."
Jennie R., Carotid artery disease patient since 1998
- "My experience with Dr. Pearlstein and his staff has been excellent. The doctor helped resolve my problem without me having to resort to a spinal tap, which was recommended by another specialist. Dr. Pearlstein is very knowledgeable, thorough and consistent. He provides you with educational handouts and information so that you understand your problem. I am a very pleased and satisfied patient."
Nicole M., Pseudotumor cerebri patient
- "Both Dr. P. and Dr. Khatri are kind and caring practitioners who have provided me with outstanding care over the last 20 years. They are very punctual and I never have to wait to be seen. Exemplary assistance from their office staff, especially Tina."
Ronald S., Spinal cord/disc injury in the neck
- "The Doctor is very nice, and explains things in a manner easily understood by the patient and family."
Eleanor D., Alzheimer's Disease caregiver
- "Quick and painless. Based on what I have heard about other people's experiences, I wouldn't go anyplace else."
Julie C., EMG testing
- "El doctor Pearlstein fue el unico medico que pudo controlar mis ataques epilepticos y cambio mi vida."
Carmen A., Seizure Disorder, patient since 1993
- "Anybody that uses anyone else is making a big mistake. If it weren't for Dr. P. my husband wouldn't be where he is today. Medically he is great and we love his sense of humor."
Bobbi H., wife of patient with Lewy Body Dementia
- "Being a patient of Dr. P. is a blessing. He really takes the time to make sure you understand your issue. He has such a great personality and makes me very at ease and comfortable. He ALWAYS has the patient's best interest at heart."
Amy B., Seizure Disorder
- "After a fall and suffering a severe brain hemorrhage, it wasn't until I met with Dr. Pearlstein that someone finally understood my symptoms, recognized the seriousness of my condition, and gave me the help that I needed."
Eve W., Multiple brain hemorrhages following a fall
- "Thanks Dr. Khatri for fixing my headaches. You have made a world of difference."
Alexis K., Migraine sufferer
- "Dr. Khatri is very thorough and approachable. She spends a great deal of time with her patients and is always willing to listen to you. I have had headaches for most of my life and saw several doctors. She was the only one that ever helped me."
Anna B., Headache patient